The CIRIS podcast covers a great variety of topics and guests that may interest the International Relations professional. These podcasts can be followed via Spotify or downbelow. You can also find us on Google and Amazon.
- by CIRISIn this podcast episode Sergei Oudman, Mursel Sabir and Raffaele Petroni talk about different regions varying from Afghanistan, Ukraine and the Baltic States, Houthi Pirates, Saudi Arabia and Israel. For more information about our podcast and our organization go to www.ciris.info
- by CIRISIn this episode we delve into the possible consequences of the terrorist attach by Hamaz on Israel on October the 7th 2023. More then 1500 people were killed in the so called “Al-Aqsa Storm” by Hamaz and Israel is currently on the crossroad on how to proceed. Hamaz could not have executed a military operation like this without outside assistance and the geopolitical playing field seems […]
- by CIRISThe present geopolitical situation in Europe is characterized by the conflicts in Kosovo/Serbia and Ukraine/Russia, as also the geopolitical strategy of Turkey poses new challenges to Western democracies. Neither the European Union nor the American administration seems to be unprepared and sometimes unwilling to address the issues at stake. Raffaele Petroni interviews Sergei Oudman, President of CIRIS.
- by CIRISInternational and humanitarian crises pose important challenges to the international community, organisations, and states. The issue of refugees and migrants has become a more and more pressing concern, leading to extensive debates within civil societies, political parties, and media establishments. The definition and use of proper terms becomes therefore imperative to avoid mistakenly considering all situations as the same.
- by CIRISThe CIRIS Roundtable is where our staff discusses specific topics in the field of International Relations. In this episode, the podcast team is made up of the following members: Sergei Oudman, Dominique Batiste, Mursel Sabir, Raffaele Petroni, and Adithyan Nair. In this podcast, we discuss the war in Ukraine and the fallout and possible consequences of Russia's invasion. For more information visit our website at www.ciris.info
- by CIRISPodcast with Sabur Shah Dawod Zai Sabur Shah Dawoodzai is an Afghan politician who served as the former Advisor to Deputy Interior Affairs Afghanistan. He is also the former Advisor to the National Security Council of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (NSA). Currently, he is the Founder and CEO of BIN Dawod Foundation and a Freelance Journalist with India America Today, and Global Strat View. He […]
- CIRIS Podcast; Guest: Iyad el-Baghdadi, internationally-recognized Arab Spring activist and expert on authoritarianism.by CIRISIyad el-Baghdadi is an internationally recognized Arab Spring activist and an expert on the topic of Islam & liberty. A former career entrepreneur and startup consultant, he rose to prominence in the aftermath of the Arab revolutions of 2011 before being summarily arrested and forcibly exiled from his home in the UAE in April 2014. Today he is recognized among the most influential and prominent Arab […]
- by CIRISThe Quebec independence movement has been part of the Canadian political landscape since the 1960s, notably with the founding of the Parti Québécois (PQ). The movement was particularly strong from the 1970s to the 1990s, with the holding of two referendums on Quebec independence under PQ governments. While sovereigntists were defeated on both occasions, the results of the 1995 referendum were particularly tight with 49.42% of […]